3 May 2012

Toddlers recovering after drying clothes caught fire

12:19 pm on 3 May 2012

Two toddlers are recovering from smoke inhalation suffered in a fire at a Gisborne house.

The Fire Service says the fire was caused by clothes drying on a chair which was too close to an open fire.

A two-year-old boy and a three-year-old girl suffered smoke inhalation but recovered at the scene and did not require hospital treatment.

The Fire Service says the incident serves as a warning to dry clothes at least one metre from the heater.