- There are still thunderstorms over the west coast of the South Island north of Hokitika, which are expected to move on to Wellington tonight.
- About 6000 people are still trapped in Golden Bay as rain caused slips
- More than 120 schools and 70 early learning centres remain closed in Taranaki, Whanganui, Manawatu, Canterbury, Nelson, Marlborough, West Coast, Otago and Waikato.
- Read what you need to know for the essential information for your region
- Get the full picture with our wrap-up of the day's events
Do you have a weather story, photos or video to share? Send us an email: email@example.com
Follow RNZ's live coverage: