The four people injured in a supermarket stabbing in Dunedin last week have thanked the public for their support.
The four people, who include a Corrections staff member and two Countdown staff, were attacked in the central city Countdown store on 10 May.
In a statement through police, the victims said they greatly appreciated messages of support from around New Zealand as they recovered physically and mentally.
The victims and their families, while understanding the interest and concern about the incident, also requested privacy.
Meanwhile, police said they had a positive and productive meeting with representatives from Countdown on Friday.
It was arranged prior to last week's stabbing, due to the supermarket's concerns about increasing levels of abuse towards its staff.
Countdown initially requested the meeting with police and Police Minister Poto Williams, but Williams said it was not appropriate for her to attend.
Police and Countdown declined to comment on the specifics of the meeting.