A New Zealander in isolation at the Auckland Airport Novotel says they have all been put into lockdown after being told of a new case of Covid-19 at the hotel.
That brings the total number of current cases in the country to eight, with Ministry of Health officially announcing another two new cases today.
Former RNZ reporter Alexa Cook who arrived in the country from the UK on 13 June, said they were rung on their hotel room's phone by a member of the Defence Force around 8.30pm this evening, and told to stay in their rooms until receiving further instructions.
The Defence Force did not tell her how many people had been tested today but said the new case is in one bubble.
She says around 300 people staying in the hotel are all confined to their rooms.
The Prime Minister's office, the Ministry of Defence and the Ministry of Health are declining to comment ahead of tomorrow's media briefing.
Read more about the Covid-19 coronavirus:
- See all RNZ Covid-19 news
- Covid-19 symptoms: What they are and how they make you feel
- Touching your Face: Why do we do it and how to stop
- Scientific hand-washing advice to avoid infection
- Your Covid-19 questions answered - from health and employment to managing anxiety
- A timeline: How the coronavirus started, spread and stalled life in New Zealand
- Coronavirus: A glossary of terms