SkyCity Entertainment says the fire at the International Convention Centre in Auckland is now under control and it will reopen some of its businesses.
The casino operator said some parts of the SkyCity precinct will open later today, but it's taking a phased-in approach to resuming normal business operations.
The fire at the centre across from SkyCity precinct in Auckland has been burning since about 1pm on Tuesday and firefighters are using drones to find hotspots.
- The fire was contained by last night but the roof is still smouldering.
- A number of arterial roads in the Auckland CBD still remain closed, and several buses have been diverted or cancelled.
- Businesses say they have been badly hit.
- Specialist rescue workers are being brought in to help put out the fire.
- Fire and Emergency said the plan was to "sacrifice the roof". Once materials from the roof have fallen in, crews can go into the fifth floor and put the fire out.
- Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said there was no question APEC would still be held in Auckland in 2021.
- The fire broke on the roof of the New Zealand International Convention Centre just after 1pm on Tuesday.
- The cause of the fire is not yet known.
Follow all the latest updates with our live blog: