Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has announced that she is pregnant.
- She made the announcement on Instagram first, then Twitter.
- The baby is due in June.
- Clarke Gayford will be a stay at home dad.
- Winston Peters will take on the role of Acting Prime Minister for six weeks after the baby is born.
- Ms Ardern said they found out about the pregnancy on Friday 13 October.
- Politicians from at home and abroad are reaching out to congratulate the pair.
- Social media users are also reaching out saying that it is "wonderful news".
- Ms Ardern said the baby will take Clarke's last name.
- Ms Ardern said it was a "happy surprise" and that she is not the first woman to "work and have a baby".
- The announcement makes Ms Ardern one of the only head of state in recent times to be pregnant while in office. A first for the western world, the only other recorded political head of government to give birth was Pakistan's Benazir Bhutto.
- Ms Ardern said she intended to be fully contactable and available throughout the six-week period.
Follow a live blog of the reaction and latest developments here: