One person has been moved to a managed isolation facility in Christchurch after being identified by Australian health authorities as a contact of one of two Covid-19 cases in Sydney.
The Ministry of Health said that person visited a location of interest at the same time as the case.
In a statement released this evening, it said: "The contact is being tested for Covid-19 and the results will be available by tomorrow. The person is not symptomatic and local public health staff say they have co-operated fully with all requests."
The Ministry of Health said it would continue to closely monitor the situation in New South Wales this weekend, and provide an update on the 48-hour travel pause with the state tomorrow morning.
The travel pause came into effect overnight.
The Ministry of Health has contacted 5214 people who have arrived in New Zealand from Sydney since Friday last week, to provide them with advice.
Anyone in New Zealand who has been at any of the locations of interest at the specified times should contact Healthline on 0800 358 5453, immediately self-isolate and be tested.
Information about locations of interest visited by the cases is available on the NSW health website.
A Section 70 notice has been issued under the Health Act with a number of requirements for any person who attended a location of interest. More information is available on the Ministry of Health website.