Healthline is reassuring people that the number it calls from is not a scam.
Healthline has been calling to check in on people who have recently returned from overseas.
But some have opted not to answer the calls, because they do not recognise the number, or they have answered it and said there is no one at the other end.
Healthline said people may find there is a one or two second delay before they hear the staff member, because of the automated phone system they use.
It said it will not leave messages if the call goes unanswered either, to protect privacy.
The call was also being marked as a scam on some Samsung phones, but Healthline said that has now been fixed.
- If you have symptoms of the coronavirus, call the NZ Covid-19 Healthline on 0800 358 5453 (+64 9 358 5453 for international SIMs) or call your GP - don't show up at a medical centre
Read more about the Covid-19 coronavirus:
- See all RNZ Covid-19 news
- Your Covid-19 questions answered - from health and jobs to keeping anxiety in check
- A timeline: How the coronavirus started, spread and stalled life in New Zealand
- Covid-19 symptoms: What they are and how they make you feel
- Touching your Face: Why do we do it and how to stop
- Scientific hand-washing advice to avoid infection
- Coronavirus: A glossary of terms
- The Coronavirus Podcast