Another significant slip at Cape Kidnappers narrowly missed two walkers over the weekend.
Two people who were walking in the area on Saturday narrowly escaped being in the path of a rockfall, and were very shaken.
A further smaller slip may have occurred the next day, Hastings District Council said.
A geologist, engaged by the council, warned there was a lot of loose material in the vicinity and that further rockfalls were likely.
This follows on from another incident last month where two walkers were swept to sea and injured after a major landslide.
The council installed signage advising of the closure to all pedestrians and motorists trying to gain vehicle access to Cape Kidnappers along the beach from Clifton.
On 31 January, it was decided that in the interest of public safety, access would not be re-opened until an urgent report from the geologist had been completed.
The additional work that was now required meant that any decision about re-opening beach access would be delayed, the council said.
The council is urging people to heed the signs that have been placed at the beach and stay away from the area until further notice.
The original slip swept two South Korean visitors out to sea and had to be helped back to shore. Jungho Son, 29, who was in New Zealand on a working holiday visa, broke his leg in four places.