Thousands of Aucklanders are still without power after heavy winds brought down parts of the network.
The storm moved up the country yesterday, bringing high winds and tornadoes, thunderstorms with thousands of lightning strikes, and heavy rain to the North Island, while the South Island was treated to heavy snowfalls.
Temperatures are forecast to plummet in the South Island tonight, making wet roads icy and bringing frost to the mainland for the first time this year.
Follow RNZ's full coverage of the autumn storm here:
- Storm aftermath: What you need to know
- Auckland wakes as wind's devastation revealed
- Powerful winds causing 'chaos in Akl, thousands without power
- Storm chaos: 'The house is almost completely blown over'
- 'Very unusual': April snowfall surprises southerners
Do you have any weather photos or videos to share? Send them to us: email@example.com
See how the day developed with RNZ's live blog: