20 Dec 2015

Recalled Samsung washing machine catches fire, destroys laundry

1:36 pm on 20 December 2015

A South Auckland family has escaped unharmed after their Samsung washing machine caught fire this morning, destroying their laundry.

The fire service was called to the Pukekohe home just after half past 10.

The northern communications shift manager Jarron Phillips says fire was contained to the laundry but there was some smoke damage to the rest of the home.

The Samsung model was recalled earlier this year because of a potential fire hazard.

Fire investigators are currently at the scene.