Refugee advocates have called for urgent medical attention for a 46-year-old Iraqi refugee who has been hospitalised in Port Moresby in Papua New Guinea after swallowing razor blades.
They said he has swallowed a total of eight blades - six last Friday , and then two more after he was admitted to hospital.
In hospital, he also swallowed a pair of nail clippers.
He has had one scan to locate the blades and nail clippers, but there has been no more treatment.
Since being taken by Australia to Manus, the man has been sent to Port Moresby three times for treatment.