Latest - Rosie White is back in the National Women's Soccer League in the United States and will play alongside World Cup winner Megan Rapinoe.
The Football Ferns forward has signed with Seattle's Reign FC for the remainder of the 2019 season.
White was released by the Chicago Red Stars earlier this year and instead trained and played against men in the lead-up to the Women's World Cup in France.
"We're happy to add Rosie to our squad," Reign FC head coach Vlatko Andonovski said.
She brings valuable experience, both in our league and in the international game. I think she can integrate well with the offensive system that we have in place and I am excited to work with her."
White's expected to be available for Reign FC's World Cup homecoming match against the Red Stars on Sunday.
The Seattle side sit third in the NWSL, two points behind the defending champion North Carolina Courage.
Australian NBA star to miss World Cup
Like New Zealand, Australia's biggest NBA star has ruled himself out of playing at this year's Basketball World Cup in China.
Philadelphia 76ers point guard Ben Simmons has announced he will be foregoing the tournament to work on his game before the next NBA season.
It comes on the day Simmons signed the richest ever deal by an Australian athlete - a five-year contract extension worth $US170 million.
Simmons has however committed to play for the Boomers in next month's exhibition games against the US and Canada in Australia and also the Boomers' 2020 Olympics campaign in Tokyo.
Last month, Steven Adams continued his self-imposed exile from international basketball by making himself unavailable for the Tall Blacks.
Olympic bronze medallist looking to resurrect athletics season
Pole-vaulter Eliza McCartney has headed to Europe in an attempt to get her 2019 campaign back on track.
McCartney's last competition was the Potts Classic in Hastings in January.
The 22 year old has been bothered for some time with a hamstring tendon problem and this year it prevented her from competing at the Nationals, the Oceania Championships and the start of the Diamond League season.
McCartney will join up with a number of other New Zealand athletes at a camp in Cyprus in preparation for the World Championships in Doha at the end of September.
Athletics New Zealand's High Performance Director Scott Goodman says McCartney's team is confident that the tendonitis has settled down and that they have a plan of how to manage it through training and competition.
Goodman says McCartney is pencilled in to compete at a couple of meetings in Europe before the World Championships.
While the Cyprus camp in primarily for distance runners, sprinters Zoe Hobbs and Edward Isei-Nketia will also take part at some stage.
SBW unlikely to play
All Blacks midfielder Sonny Bill Williams is unlikely to play against Argentina in the opening Rugby Championship match in Buenos Aires this weekend.
Williams travelled to Argentina despite carrying a hamstring injury.
All Blacks assistant coach Ian Foster wasn't optimistic about his chances.
"He'd be doubtful, but he's training really well. He's grumpy with me for holding him back a little today cause he's just ready to go so he's feeling really good, but we've just got to make sure we get full strenght back into that leg."
Anton Leinert-Brown and Ngani Laumape could well fill the midfield against the Pumas on Sunday.
O'Connor back in Wallabies squad
Former Wallabies bad boy James O'Connor is in line for his first test in six years after signing a contract that makes him eligible for selection just days before their Rugby Championship opener against South Africa.
The utility back, awarded the last of his 44 test caps against Argentina in 2013, will return to Brisbane to his former Super Rugby club Queensland Reds in 2020 as part of a two-and-half year deal with Rugby Australia.
The inside centre, who has been released by Sale Sharks, had already linked up with Michael Cheika's squad in Johannesburg while waiting for the deal to be finalised and was grateful for the chance to reignite his international career.
O'Connor's last Wallabies contract was torn up after media reports that he was intoxicated and abusive toward airport staff following a test against the Pumas in Perth in 2013.
His rap-sheet up to that point was already long, including sleeping through a Wallabies photoshoot before the 2011 World Cup, engaging in a food fight and scuffling with team mates in Paris.
He was arrested by French police for cocaine possession while on a night out with former All Black Ali Williams.
Johnson travels despite ankle injury
Shaun Johnson has travelled to Wellington for his much-anticipated first NRL match against the Warriors, but has yet to be passed fit to take his place in the Sharks' side on Friday night.
The Kiwis playmaker has been named to start at five-eighth, despite suffering an ankle injury in Cronulla's loss to the Melbourne Storm last week.
But Johnson and Sharks team-mates Matt Moylan and Paul Gallen need to get through the remaining training sessions this week before being cleared to play.
Warriors coach Stephen Kearney has named an unchanged line-up for the match.
Kiwi cleared to play
Sydney Roosters star Jared Waerea-Hargreaves is free to face Newcastle on Saturday after beating a dangerous contact charge at the NRL judiciary.
Waerea-Hargreaves was staring at a two-game ban for his grade-one charge after clashing heads with North Queensland firebrand Josh McGuire last Sunday.
But the judiciary took just 10 minutes to find the Kiwi not guilty.
Waerea-Hargreaves was just one game into his return from a two-game suspension for another dangerous contact charge earlier this year.
Khan to fight Pacquiao
The British boxer Amir Khan says he's agreed a deal to fight Manny Pacquiao in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia later this year.
Khan stopped Australia's Billy Dib in the fourth round in Jeddah on July 13 to win the WBC international welterweight title.
Filipino Pacquiao, 40, is scheduled to fight American Keith Thurman in Las Vegas this weekend.
Khan was slated to fight eight-division world champion Pacquiao in 2017 in the United Arab Emirates but the deal fell through.
Pacquiao has a record of 61 wins, seven defeats and two draws in a 24-year professional career while Khan has 34 wins and five defeats.
BCCI invites applications for coach
India's cricket board has invited applications for the position of head coach and support staff for the men's side, with incumbent Ravi Shastri and his team given automatic entry in the recruitment process.
The contract of the current coaching staff is set to expire after the tour of the West Indies starting 3 August, where India play three T20 internationals, three ODIs and two Tests.
In a statement, the BCCI said it was inviting applications for the positions of head coach, batting coach, bowling coach, fielding coach, physiotherapist, strength and conditioning coach as well as an administrative manager.
Former India all-rounder Shastri was appointed in 2017 and succeeded former captain Anil Kumble, who stepped down after falling out with skipper Virat Kohli despite a successful run while in charge of the team.
Under Shastri's guidance, India won a maiden Test series in Australia earlier this year and are ranked No.1 in the world in the format.
They also reached the semi-finals of the 50-over World Cup where they were beaten by eventual runners-up New Zealand.