Latest - Men's sprint team upset by Russia at World Track Cycling World Championships.
Both the New Zealand men's sprint and pursuit teams have been knocked out of the track cycling world championships in Poland.
The three-time world champion sprint team of Eddie Dawkins, Ethan Mitchell and Sam Webster were knocked out in the first round by Russia.
The Netherlands won the gold, France silver and Russia bronze.
The New Zealand men's pursuit team was also beaten in the first round by Australia.
Basketball families upset at US recruitment agency going bust
Young New Zealand basketballers dreaming of playing in the US college system have been left in limbo US recruitment agency has gone bust
Custom College Recruiting, an agency that helps navigate entry to the US college system, has closed down due to financial difficulties.
Representatives from the agency held seminars in New Zealand for parents and teenagers seeking to pursue sports scholarships in the US.
The firm was Basketball New Zealand's preferred supplier of recruiting young players.
Pocock returns for Brumbies
Wallabies star David Pocock has been named to boost a buoyant Brumbies team for their Super Rugby clash with the Hurricanes.
Pocock missed the Brumbies' 54-17 demolition of the Chiefs in Canberra last Friday with concussion but has been cleared for the trip to Palmerston North.
He played just five minutes in the season-opening defeat to the Melbourne Rebels before leaving the field.
The flanker is one of four changes to the ACT franchise's starting side to play the Hurricanes on Friday night, who also take a 1-1 record into the match.
Meanwhile Taranaki duo Lachlan Boshier and Mitchell Brown have extended their contracts with the Chiefs.
Boshier has committed to the Chiefs for a further two years while Brown has signed on for one season.
Cricket: 'The Big Show' clinches series win for Australia
Glenn Maxwell has powered Australia to their first limited-overs series win in over a year, overwhelming India with an unbeaten freewheeling Twenty20 century in Bangalore.
Maxwell, having also top-scored in the tour opener at Vizag, continued his hot form with an astonishing array of sweetly-timed sixes, funky footwork, textbook boundaries and switch-hits.
It was going to take something special to top Virat Kohli's masterful unbeaten 72 off 38 balls, which had piloted India to an imposing total of 4-190.
Maxwell finished on 113 not out from 55 deliveries, smacking nine sixes and seven fours as his team wrapped up a seven-wicket win in 19.4 overs.
In case you missed it:
- Wednesday's sport news.
- Hockey secrecy leaves cloud lingering.
- Round one wrap up of the Netball Premiership.
Rugby: Six Nations struggles starting to irk Ireland
Ireland are "unbelievably frustrated" that a well prepared Six Nations campaign has not yielded the expected results, first five Johnny Sexton said.
Grand slam winners in 2018, Ireland are third in the table after a first round loss to England followed by unconvincing wins over Scotland and Italy.
"(We're) unbelievably frustrated. How can you not be when you're doing as good a preparation as you did last year, you're training as well as you did last year? You're doing everything right and things aren't just clicking. No one cares more than us," the World Rugby Player of the Year said.
Sexton said last year's clean-sweep was achieved with "a little bit of luck along the way" that he felt had been missing this year.
Ireland host France in the next round on March 10 before finishing the campaign with a trip to currently unbeaten Wales on 16 March.
Rugby League: Rape-accused De Belin refuses stand down
Jack De Belin has refused the NRL's offer to stand down as the Australian Rugby League Commission (ARLC) gets set to decide his immediate playing future.
After a five-and-a-half month period in which the game has been tarred by 17 off-field incidents or scandals, the game's governing body is expected to change its policy on player behaviour on Thursday.
De Belin and Dragons officials on Wednesday met with NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg, who attempted to convince him to stand down of his own accord while he answers a rape charge.
De Belin told Greenberg that he would consider the offer.
However, the club has opted to wait for the outcome of the independent commission's meeting.
De Belin has pleaded not guilty to the aggravated sexual assault of a 19-year-old woman.
The ARLC is expected to change its policy so it can stand down players while they answer serious criminal charges following concerns from sponsors and broadcasters.
It's a move opposed by the Rugby League Players Association (RLPA).
The change could open the door for banned players to sue the NRL and it's understood the RLPA would stand behind any of their clients who seek to take that course of action.