The International Cricket Council will investigate how evidence given to a match-fixing probe had been leaked to the media and take action against anyone employed by them if involved.
Last week, British media published excerpts of confidential statements from former New Zealand batsman Lou Vincent, who had earlier said he was co-operating with the ICC's Anti-Corruption Security Unit, and current captain Brendon McCullum.
The ICC's chief executive Dave Richardson says the organisation "deeply regretted" the leaks and re-iterated that McCullum was not under investigation.
Richardson told Radio New Zealand on Wednesday that the investigation into the leaks had already been launched but said it was premature to suggest they had come from within the ICC.
Meanwhile former star Chris Cairns, who has been identified as 'Player X', the former international cricketer alleged to have approached both McCullum and Vincent to fix, has consistently denied being involved in any match-fixing and says he's yet to be interviewed by the ICC.
Richardson told Radio New Zealand that Cairns would be interviewed when the timing is appropriate.
Fellow former Black Cap Daryl Tuffey, who's also under investigation, issued a statement through his lawyers denying any involvement in the match-fixing scandal and expressing his commitment to cooperate with the investigators.