27 Dec 2015

Fire investigators head to Geraldine

8:51 am on 27 December 2015

Fire investigators are heading to Geraldine after a motel unit in the town caught fire last night.

The fire service was called to the blaze about 8pm and found the unit well alight when they got there.

The roof and an adjacent unit were partially burnt before the fire was put out, and investigators hope to find out how it started.

In Queenstown, meanwhile, people living in a house on Frankton Road managed to get out safely after a downstairs flat caught fire.

The fire service said the blaze was caused by unattended cooking.