No new cases of Covid-19 have been reported in New Zealand for the third day straight, with the country now marking 99 days since the last case of community transmission.
There was no conference from officials for the update today. In a statement, the Ministry of Health said there were still 23 active cases in this country. None of them are in hospital.
It has now been 99 days since the last case of Covid-19 was acquired in the community, the Ministry said.
The total number of confirmed cases in this country remains at 1219.
New Zealand's laboratories processed 3289 tests for the coronavirus yesterday, slightly lower than the target of four thousand. The Ministry said these included 720 swabs taken in managed isolation and quarantine facilities.
The total number of tests is approaching half a million, about one in 10 people.
"Again, a big thanks to everyone who has come forward to be tested. Please continue to seek advice on getting a test if you have cold or flu-like symptoms."
District Health Boards have set up pop-up testing stations today in Auckland and Christchurch, where almost 500 people have been tested.
The Health Ministry said there had been good numbers at a Manurewa station in Auckland, "despite some challenging weather". More than 150 people were tested there.
In Christchurch, nearly 330 people had gone through the testing process by late afternoon, with "very cold conditions failing to deter hardy Cantabrians".
"Testing is an essential part of our overall elimination strategy and again, many thanks to everyone around the country who has participated by coming along for a test," says Director-General of Health Dr Ashley Bloomfield.
"We also want to those who've organised the pop-ups, along with the businesses and organisations who've made the venues available."
The Ministry said more details of further pop-up clinics will be available early next week.
- If you have symptoms of the coronavirus, call the NZ Covid-19 Healthline on 0800 358 5453 (+64 9 358 5453 for international SIMs) or call your GP - don't show up at a medical centre
Read more about the Covid-19 coronavirus:
- See all RNZ Covid-19 news
- Covid-19 symptoms: What they are and how they make you feel
- Touching your Face: Why do we do it and how to stop
- Scientific hand-washing advice to avoid infection
- Your Covid-19 questions answered - from health and employment to managing anxiety
- A timeline: How the coronavirus started, spread and stalled life in New Zealand
- Coronavirus: A glossary of terms