Stunning drone footage taken in Auckland and Wellington shows few vehicles and an absence of pedestrians in our main centres.
RNZ's visual journalists Simon Rogers and Dom Thomas captured this bird's eye view at what Auckland and Wellington look like in level 4 lockdown.
The country went into the alert level 4 lockdown at 11.59pm on Wednesday, 25 March. It was initially planned to last at least four weeks, ending this Wednesday night.
That was extended today by a further five days to Monday 27 April at 11.59pm.
Read more about the Covid-19 coronavirus:
- See all RNZ Covid-19 news
- Your Covid-19 questions answered - from health and employment to managing anxiety
- A timeline: How the coronavirus started, spread and stalled life in New Zealand
- Covid-19 symptoms: What they are and how they make you feel
- Touching your Face: Why do we do it and how to stop
- Scientific hand-washing advice to avoid infection
- Coronavirus: A glossary of terms
- The Coronavirus Podcast