A Christchurch man who is on a hunger strike outside Southern Response's office says he is weak and tired, but is not giving up.
Peter Glasson began a hunger strike on Tuesday in front of the Southern Response's offices after years of fighting with the government owned insurer.
His 1920s home with rubble foundation was badly damaged in the 2011 Canterbury earthquake and needs new foundations.
Southern Response said it wanted to visit the house so experts can assess new evidence, but Mr Glasson did not want this to happen, as the company had already visited his property 17 times.
On Tuesday, the Greater Christchurch regeneration minister, Megan Woods, asked for a member from the government's Residential Advisory Service to help broker a solution between the two parties.
Mr Glasson met with the service yesterday.
A spokesperson for Mr Glasson said he was not commenting on whether there had been any progress towards a settlement, but he was grateful for the help of the Residential Advisory Service.
The spokesperson said although he was weak, tired and losing one kilogram a day, Mr Glasson did not plan on stopping the strike.
"Mr Glasson and his wife Anne are keen to see a positive outcome from these discussions and are acting entirely in good faith in order that Mr Glasson's hunger strike can end and they can move forward with their lives," the spokesperson said.
Mr Glasson is expected to undergo a medical check tomorrow.