New Zealand Cricket says it will be staying quiet about possible changes to the governance of the sport until a series of International Cricket Council (ICC) meetings conclude next week.
Five days of ICC meetings started on Sunday, and a controversial proposal from India is likely to be put to the executive board during its meeting on Tuesday and Wednesday.
The Indian cricket board has threatened to pull its team out of international events if other countries do not support a draft proposal that recommends handing more control of the sport to India, England and Australia. The proposal also seeks a change in revenue sharing and playing schedules.
New Zealand Cricket has previously stated it will not be bullied into accepting unreasonable inroads into its income and schedule.
Chief executive David White and board member Martin Snedden are in Dubai for the meetings but New Zealand Cricket says they will not be commenting until after the meetings wrap up on Wednesday.
Skippers side-step controversy
The captains of the India and New Zealand sides have avoided commenting on the Indian cricket board's stance.
Questioned after the third one-day international in Auckland on Saturday, New Zealand captain Brendon McCullumsaid it was not an area he is allowed to speak on. India's skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni said he was unaware of the latest development.
The Black Caps lead the series 2-0 after a thrilling draw in Auckland. The fourth one-dayer takes place in Hamilton on Tuesday.