An investigation into the sudden death of US couple David and Michelle Paul in Fiji is reportedly focusing on a toxic agent.
The couple died while on a holiday in Nadi last month and infectious diseases have been ruled out as the cause of death.
Michelle's father Marc Canalog told the Fiji Times he was informed by officials from the US Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) that investigators were focusing on the toxic chemical paraquat.
Paraquat is a herbicide widely used in Fiji.
Organisations involved and supporting the Ministry of Health in the investigation include the CDC and the World Health Organisation.