A Catholic Church watchdog on Guam says the church has a lot to do to rebuild trust, after the top Archbishop was convicted by a Vatican trial last week.
A secretive Vatican trial on Friday found Anthony Apuron guilty of "certain accusations" related to the sexual abuse of minors.
Dave Sablan, whose group, Concerned Catholics of Guam, was formed around the time allegations began to surface, said the verdict was the first bit of justice for the dozens of men who came forward.
But the Catholic Church remains mired in scandal: the Archdiocese on Guam faces more than 150 lawsuits totalling half-a-billion dollars, and Archbishop Apuron is only the first priest to fall - albeit the highest ranking.
Mr Sablan said the church still has a lot of work to do.
"We can't really depend on our clergymen to take care of accusing their own brothers so we have to come in and, you know, stand our ground so to speak and make sure that things are done right and correct, and if they're not, we take them to task."