Otago, Southland, Fiordland & Stewart Island
French and New Zealand archaeologists are collaborating to study Māori rock art in the central South Island.
Lloyd Carpenter's PhD thesis examines how the Central Otago gold rush 150 years ago shaped this country's culture, society and literature.
Gallery: The Central Otago gold rush
The Clutha near Albert Town. Photograph by Kennedy Warne.
Venturing into the changing seasons of Central Otago.
The Kakanui mountains, one of the five mountain ranges that encircle the Maniototo plains. Photograph by Kennedy Warne.
Outdoorsman, adventurer, travel journalist and photographer Kennedy Warne guides us through the Maniototo.
Gallery: The Maniototo
- The Otago Rail Trail
- Simon Morton climbs Mt Aspiring
- The Larnachs by Owen Marshall
- Lynn Freeman on Rakiura Stewart Island
- The Central Otago gold rush
- The changing of the seasons in Central Otago
- The Maniototo
- St Bathans - Otago as it might have looked 19 million years ago
- The Garden at Larnach Castle
- Kalimpong Kids
- Puysegur Point
- Jackson Bay & Mataketake Range
- Rakiura Stewart Island
- Otago on Department of Conservation website
- Southland on Department of Conservation website
- Fiordland on Department of Conservation website
- Otago on Te Ara
- Southland on Te Ara
- Central Otago District Council: Parks and Reserves
- Queenstown Lakes District Council: Parks and Walkways
- Southland District Council: Parks and Reserves