Game of Thrones leads the nominations at this year's Emmy Awards, after being ineligible in 2017.
The HBO series has 22 nominations in total, followed by sci-fi series Westworld and comedy show Saturday Night Live, both with 21.
It is the first time in 18 years that HBO did not have the highest number of Emmy nominations.
Just five years after the launch of its first original series, Netflix leads with a total of 112 nominations, beating HBO's 17-year streak, which received 108.
Game of Thrones was out of the running in 2017 because the show aired later than usual, clearing the way for The Handmaid's Tale, which became the first show from a streaming platform to receive the award for best drama.
This year several actresses from the dystopian drama have received nominations, including Elizabeth Moss and Alexis Bledel.
A slew of first time Emmy contenders included Sandra Oh as the first Asian-American lead comedy actress nominee for her role in quirky spy series Killing Eve, and Rachel Brosnahan's 1950s housewife turned comedian in The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.
Female-led shows and stories also did well as television continued to lead the way in reflecting social change, while the likes of Donald Glover, Tracee Ellis-Ross, Penelope Cruz, Antonio Banderas, Issa Rae, Regina King, and John Legend headed a racially diverse acting line-up.
Game of Thrones was out of the running in 2017 because the show aired later than usual.
In the comedy categories, hip-hop themed FX show Atlanta is up against Amazon's The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, black-ish, GLOW, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Barry, Silicon Valley and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.
FX's true crime dramatization The Assassination of Gianni Versace led the limited series category with 18 nominations, including a best actor nod for Darren Criss who plays the killer of the gay Italian fashion designer.
Best lead actress in a drama series
* Claire Foy - The Crown
* Tatiana Maslany - Orphan Black
* Elisabeth Moss - The Handmaid's Tale
* Sandra Oh - Killing Eve
* Keri Russell - The Americans
* Evan Rachel Wood - Westworld
Best lead actor in a drama series
* Jason Bateman - Ozark
* Sterling K Brown - This Is Us
* Ed Harris - Westworld
* Matthew Rhys - The Americans
* Milo Ventimiglia - This Is Us
* Jeffrey Wright - Westworld
Best lead actress in a limited series or movie
* Laura Dern - The Tale
* Jessica Biel - The Sinner
* Michelle Dockery - Godless
* Edie Falco - Law & Order True Crime: The Menendez Murders
* Regina King - Seven Seconds
* Sarah Paulson - American Horror Story: Cult
Best lead actor in a limited series or movie
* Antonio Banderas - Genius: Picasso
* Darren Criss - The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story
* Benedict Cumberbatch - Patrick Melrose
* Jeff Daniels - Looming Tower
* John Legend - Jesus Christ Superstar: Live in Concert
* Jesse Plemons - U.S.S. Callister (Black Mirror)
Best lead actor in a comedy series
* Anthony Anderson - black-ish
* Ted Danson - The Good Place
* Larry David - Curb Your Enthusiasm
* Donald Glover - Atlanta
* Bill Hader - Barry
* William H Macy - Shameless
Best lead actress in a comedy series
* Pamela Adlon - Better Things
* Rachel Brosnahan - The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
* Allison Janney - Mom
* Issa Rae - Insecure
* Tracee Ellis Ross - black-ish
* Lily Tomlin - Grace and Frankie
Best drama series
* The Americans
* The Crown
* Game of Thrones
* The Handmaid's Tale
* Stranger Things
* This Is Us
Best comedy series
* Curb Your Enthusiasm
* The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
* Silicon Valley
* Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
Best limited series
* The Alienist
* The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story
* Genius: Picasso
* Patrick Melrose
Best TV movie
* Fahrenheit 451
* The Tale
* USS Callister (Black Mirror)
Comedy show Saturday Night Live's Michael Che and Colin Jost are set to host this years awards, on 17 September.
The full nominations can be found on the Emmys website.
- BBC / Reuters