An EgyptAir flight has disappeared from the radar after departing from Paris. Look back at our LIVE coverage here:
- The plane was travelling from Paris to Cairo, and faded from radar 10 miles after entering Egyptian airspace, about 2.30am local time
- 56 passengers and 10 crew were on board the plane, an Airbus A320
- 30 Egyptians and 15 French were on the plane, and a number of people from different nationalities. No New Zealaders are believed to have been on board
- Distress call was made about 4.26am local time, Egypt's military says - but the Civil Aviation Authority later said that wasn't true.
- Flight no MS804 has been missing since 12.30pm New Zealand time.
- Rescue teams are already at the search area, about 50 kms off the Egyptian coastline