Boxing commentator Mike Angove says Romanian Razvan Cojanu would be a good match to take on Joesph Parker in his World Heavyweight title defence.
Parker was set to fight Hughie Fury on May 6th in his first defence of the title- but Fury pulled out at the weekend with a back injury.
Speculation has been flowing over a substitute fighter with an announcement expected from Duco Events tomorrow.
Boxing commentator Mike Angove said he's heard a lot of speculation about Razvan Cojanu.
"It would make sense he is number 14 in the WBO he's 6ft 7 so he's a similar height to Fury, i understand he has been in camp with Parker, which is an interesting situation but what it does mean is that he will be fit and ready to fight.
"He will probably create difficulties knowing Parker, so some of Parker's trademark moves he may not pull off as easily," Angove said.
He said if media speculation about Razvan is correct then it will make for a good fight.
"Looking at who Cojanu has fought compared to who Parker has fought i'd suggest Parker will be pretty well equipped to tackle him.
"Cojanu hits harder than Fury he has had 300 amateur fights and he has a nasty left hook to the head and body and coming from the height at which he throws it will create some difficulties for Parker."
Angove said Parker would have to go a few rounds against a taller fighter.
"Joe just wants to fight - the original fight was scheduled in April so he's been through two camps - he will have an itchy trigger finger, he just wants to fight.
Peter Fury hits back
Hughie Fury's father, Peter Fury, has hit back at claims his son is dodging his mandatory fight against New Zealand heavyweight Joseph Parker.
The two were set to fight in Auckland on 6 May for Parker's WBO world heavyweight title, but Fury pulled out on the weekend with a back injury.
Parker's promoter, David Higgins, has since questioned the legitimacy of Fury's injury, but in a column in the Mirror, Peter Fury said Hughie was indeed hurt and that Parker's team wanted to move the fight to the UK.
"We have written evidence of us saying 'let's stop messing around and get on with May 6'," Peter Fury said.
"It was they who were trying to move the fight, even after preparations were already underway. The date had been set, but they said they had spent too much money on the fight and that it wouldn't work in New Zealand."
Peter Fury said he wanted to reschedule the fight with Parker, though Duco appeared to be disinterested as they were trying to secure a new fighter to face the 25-year-old on 6 May.
"As far as we're concerned, we'll still take the fight to New Zealand. We spent more than $30,000 on immigration lawyers both here and in New Zealand to make sure I could be in Hughie's corner - so much for us not wanting to go to New Zealand."