17 Jan 2012

Council staff unwell after mould discovered

7:22 pm on 17 January 2012

Auckland Council says some staff transferred out of an office affected by black mould have reported feeling unwell while working there.

Some 170 employees were removed from the building in Three Kings in December last year after mould was discovered during a routine check.

The fungus can produce toxic compounds and cause respiratory and skin problems.

The property is closed while the mould is investigated.

The council says free health checks have been offered to all staff there.