The three waters reform National Transition Unit board will be chaired by Waka Kotahi NZTA chair Sir Brian Roche, the government has announced.
Other members of the unit, which is hosted by Internal Affairs (DIA) were also appointed this week, and include:
- Kāinga Ora deputy chair John Duncan
- Reserve Bank independent director and former investment banker Fiona Mules
- Commercial and property lawyer and iwi chair Rukumoana Schaafhausen (Ngāti Hāua)
- NZ Council of Trade Unions president Richard Wagstaff
- Former Local Government New Zealand and Auckland Regional Council chair Peter Winder
DIA also appointed Te Puni Kōkiri deputy secretary Hamiora Bowkett to lead the reform programme delivery, and Palmerston North City Council chief executive Heather Shotter to lead the national transition unit within DIA.
Shotter is also a member of the joint central and local government Three Waters Steering Group, and the Local Government Infrastructure Reference Group.