A Covid-19 case has been confirmed in Hawke's Bay after the person visited Hawke's Bay hospital.
The Ministry of Health said in a release the person tested positive for Covid-19 as part of routine surveillance swabbing for the virus when they visited Hawke's Bay Hospital's emergency department after feeling unwell.
All emergency department staff were wearing appropriate PPE and none were stood down, it said.
The case investigation began last night and the person is isolating, with monitoring from the local public health unit.
The public health team has identified close household contacts who are all now isolating, the ministry said.
The ministry said there will be further interviews with the positive case and testing for all close and wider contacts will continue today.
The DHB reported that the latest case and whānau were being very helpful and following public health advice.
The ministry said a number of potential exposure sites, such as the DHB's emergency department, have already been identified and anyone affected will be contacted.
A Hastings gym has become the fourth location of interest in Hawke's Bay.
Anyone who was at the Flex Fitness 24 Hour Gym between 6pm and half past 7 on Tuesday should self-monitor for symptoms and get tested if they develop.
A supermarket, an ice cream shop and a pharmacy were earlier added as locations of interest in Hawke's Bay.
Anyone who visited any of the following sites at the specified times is asked to monitor themselves for symptoms and if they develop to get tested for Covid-19.
- Lick this Ice Cream Parlour in Napier on Sunday 21 November from 2pm-3pm.
- Unichem Stortford Lodge Pharmacy in Hastings on Saturday 27 November from 4.15pm-5.15pm.
- Pak n' Save Napier on Thursday 25 November from 8.30pm-10pm.
The ministry's web page will be updated with locations when identified and confirmed as a result of today's reported case.
The ministry said it was confirming this case prior to the usual 1pm statement to encourage testing today and the case will be included in today's tally of reported cases.
Testing locations in Hawke's Bay:
- Pukemokimoki Marae drive through; 10am-3pm
- Flaxmere Village Green drive through - behind the supermarket; 10am-3pm
- CHB Health Centre drive through
Testing by Appointment:
- The Doctors Napier Saturday and Sunday (call 0800 TEST19)
- Hastings Health Centre - Saturday (call 06 281 2644)
- Queen Street Practice Wairoa - Saturday and Sunday (call 06 838 8333)