The vaccination drive Tāmaki Makaurau - Auckland will ramp up this weekend with free ice cream, sausage sizzles, live music and spot prizes on offer at vaccination centres and pop-up events being across the city.
Super Saturday will also see to a dozen pop-up events taking place across the city.
There is 13 percent of the city's eligible population still to get their first dose.
At the 1pm Covid-19 media briefing today, Deputy Prime Minister Grant Robertson highlighted his favourite event set for this week.
Air New Zealand is also transforming one of its Boeing 787 Dreamliner jets into a vaccine clinic, offering the opportunity for 300 people to get vaccinated in business class. Those spots have already been filled.
"Aucklanders will be able to board this 'Jaba seat' flight to receive their vaccination and enjoy Air New Zealand's top-class customer service," Robertson said.
He encouraged the public to get behind the various events planned this weekend.
Opening hours across the majority of the region's 16 community vaccination centres and drive-throughs have been extended especially for the day.
The CBD vaccination centre is being donned with rainbow decorations and there will be live music, a sausage sizzle and spot prizes.
At Albany, there will be free coffee, a Mr Whippy truck visit, spot prizes and chocolate fish handed out to those who receive their dose.
Many of the mobile vaccination buses and vans - all run by Māori and Pacific provider partners - will be out and about in the community.
Celebrities, including sports stars and TV personalities, will be making appearances at some sites throughout the day.
More than 70 general practices and over a dozen pharmacies involved in the vaccine roll-out are also opening their doors especially for the day.
Mairangi Medical Centre's staff are dressing up to a Save Our Summer theme and Papatoetoe Family Doctors' staff are handing out free hot chicken alongside every vaccine dose.
Northern Region Health Coordination Centre (NRHCC) Programme director, Matt Hannant is urging anyone who is still to get their first dose to come along, as well as people who need their second dose. Second doses can be given 21 days after the first dose.
"It's eight weeks to go until summer, so we're encouraging everyone to get their vaccinations this weekend to help ensure you're set to get out and about and enjoy the summer," he said.
"Come on down, grab a sausage or a coffee, and bring along any whānau with you too.
"Getting vaccinated is still the best way to protect you and your whānau from Covid-19. With Covid-19 cases in the community, this weekend is a really important time to be getting answers to your questions and getting vaccinated.
Vaccination site activities
- Birkenhead Vaccination Centre, Highbury Mall, next to Paper Plus store, Birkenhead , 8am - 8pm. There will be spot prizes donated by local businesses, big balloon display on entrance to the mall.
- Albany Vaccination Centre, Oaklands Road, last building at the end of Oaklands Road 8am - 8.30pm. There will be a coffee cart in the morning, giving out chocolate fish to the vaccinated, a Mr Whippy truck visit, Summer theme, spot prizes, and decorating booths games.
- Orewa Vaccination Centre, Orewa Service Centre, 50 Centreway, Orewa, 8am - 7.30pm. There will be a Beach theme with staff dressing up, and live music.
- Henderson Vaccination Centre, 28-30 Catherine St, Henderson, 8am - 8pm. There will be a hangi, DJs, entertainment and spot prizes.
- Westgate Vaccination Centre, 11 Westgate Drive, Westgate, 8.30am - 4pm. There will be an ice cream truck, ice blocks, coffee cart, spot prizes, staff dressing up and island-theme activities.
- Mt Wellington Vaccination Centre, 95-105 Leonard Road, Mt Wellington, 8.30am - 6pm. There will be a sausage sizzle, giveaways donated by local businesses.
- CBD Vaccination Centre, 35 Graham St, 8am - 10pm. There will be rainbow-inclusive decorations, a sausage sizzle, coffee cart, giveaways, and a DJ from 6-9pm.
- Tamaki Vaccination Centre, 261 Morrin Road, St Johns, 8am - 3.30pm
- Epsom Vaccination Centre, 382 Manukau Road, Epsom, 8am - 6.15pm. There will be a sausage sizzle, ice cream, and balloons for kids.
- Airport Park and Ride drive-through centre, 42 Verissimo Drive, Auckland, 8am - 6pm, There are ice blocks and a coffee cart.
- Highbrook Vaccination Centre, 31 Highbrook Drive, East Tamaki, 8am - 3.30pm. There is a Sausage sizzle, DJ entertainment on entry, coffee cart, ice cream, fish and chip truck, and a Christmas tree with summer decorations.
- Otara Vaccination Centre MIT, 5 Otara Road, Otara, 8am - 6.30pm. There is a sausage sizzles, kai packs, spot prizes and free balloons for the kids.
- Manurewa Vaccination Centre, 81 Finlayson Ave, Clendon Park, 9am - 3pm. There are Kai packs, a coffee cart, a sausage sizzle, spot prizes.
- Pukekohe Vaccination Centre, 6 Roulston St, Pukekohe, 830am - 630pm. There is kai, a sausage sizzle.
- Takanini Vaccination Centre, 8 Great South Road, Takanini, 8.30am - 4pm. There will be a vaccine quiz with spot prizes, chocolate and other treats.
- Papakura Marae, 29 Hunua Road, Papakura, 12pm - 8pm. You can come dressed as a fairy, there will be free give aways, sausage sizzles and ice creams.
There will be ice cream, a sausage sizzle, entertainment and a summer theme.
The hours are subject to change and the public is advised to check the Covid-19 Vaccination Roll-out website for the latest details. Vaccination vans will be on the road and details can also be found on the website