Covid-19 has not stopped this weekend's Plunket Fun Run, which is going virtual.
Instead of meeting at designated starting points in cities, registered runners and walkers will cover the kilometres in their own neighbourhoods today and tomorrow.
Plunket's Nin Roberts said they've had hundreds of people sign up for the event, which offers a three, six or 10km run or walk.
"There's an overwhelming need for people to be able to engage within their community whether it be virtual or within their own bubble," she said.
"We also understand the restrictions around people being in their bubble, it doesn't mean you have to go out."
- If you have symptoms of the coronavirus, call the NZ Covid-19 Healthline on 0800 358 5453 (+64 9 358 5453 for international SIMs) or call your GP - don't show up at a medical centre
Roberts said they plan to hold similar events over coming weeks.
Anyone can register for the fun run via Plunket's Facebook page.
Read more about the Covid-19 coronavirus:
- See all RNZ Covid-19 news
- Government clarifies essential services during lockdown
- Covid-19 alert system: What you need to know
- Covid-19 symptoms: What they are and how they make you feel
- Touching your Face: Why do we do it and how to stop
- Scientific hand-washing advice to avoid infection
- The Coronavirus Podcast