Southern Line train services in Auckland have been disrupted for a second time this morning, with some services now switching to the Eastern Line.
Earlier, all Southern Line train services were suspended after the vehicle hit a train overbridge in Ellerslie.
Auckland Transport said bus services were being brought in to replace the trains as a result.
At 7am Auckland Transport said that trains on those lines would be down "until further notice''.
A short time later it announced engineers had cleared the bridge and trains on the Southern Line would resume normal services.
Engineers have cleared the bridge safe to travel on at a reduced speed, so Southern Line trains will now operate on their normal route. Please expect minor delays as we resume scheduled service. https://t.co/Biyh1vDGp0— Auckland Transport (@AklTransport) September 19, 2019
Since then it has announced that "due to a train crew matter" normal services have been suspended again and Southern Line services will travel via the Eastern Line, not stopping between Ōtāhuhu and Britomart.
Customers between Ōtāhuhu and Britomart are asked to use the bus services.
Normal Southern Line services are suspended due to a train crew matter at Penrose. Southern Line services will travel via the Eastern Line, not stopping from between Otahuhu and Britomart. Southern Line customers between Otahuhu and Britomart, please use scheduled bus services. pic.twitter.com/49wHrS7sve— Auckland Transport (@AklTransport) September 19, 2019
Motorists on the Northern motorway also faced delays after a crash on the Northcote Road citybound on-ramp.
The vehicle has since been towed away.
UPDATE 7:35AM— NZTA Akld & Nthlnd (@NZTAAkl) September 19, 2019
This vehicle has now been towed clear. Citybound traffic has returned to normal peak flows on the Northern Mwy. ^TPhttps://t.co/Pbb2wJRPHT