RNZ is undertaking maintenance work on its Henderson transmission masts in Auckland for the next three days, affecting services for some listeners.
All AM services will cease from RNZ's Henderson site on these days for a period of up to eight hours between 9am and 5pm. This will affect RNZ National broadcasting on 756AM and several other radio stations.
Alternative options are available for listeners to RNZ National. No other RNZ services are affected.
Due to the nature of the work it must be carried out during daylight hours and for the safety of all involved requires RNZ to close the transmitter for extended periods. As the work is weather dependent, times may vary and further work may need to be carried out on Thursday.
RNZ will keep the outages as short as possible and apologises to listeners for any inconvenience.
Alternative listening options for RNZ National:
Auckland listeners to RNZ National on 756AM will need to retune to RNZ National on 101.4FM for the period of the close-down.
Other listening options:
- Internet live listening and on demand: via the RNZ website: www.rnz.co.nz or download programmes for later listening.
- Satellite via Sky Digital Network - RNZ National is on Channel 421; Freeview - RNZ National is on Channel 50
- Mobile phone - Download the free RNZ app for iPhone or Android phones.
- Iheartradio - RNZ National is available free at www.iheart.com
Options for other affected radio stations
- NewsTalk ZB (1080kHz),
- Radio Sport (1332kHz),
- Radio 531pi (531kHz),
- Waatea 603AM (603kHz),
- Magic Talk (702kHz),
- BBC (810kHz),
- Star (882kHz),
- AM936 Chinese Radio (936kHz),
- Apna 990AM (990kHz),
- Ake 1179 (1179kHz),
- Rhema (1251kHz),
- Radio Tarana (1386kHz),
- TAB Trackside Radio (1476kHz),
- Radio Samoa (1593kHz)