Fog at Auckland Airport and a derailment at Britomart Station have caused delays and confusion for Auckland commuters.
Here is everything you need to know:
- Both international and domestic flight arrivals and departures have been disrupted by a heavy blanket of fog this morning.
- Some international arrivals were delayed and one Air New Zealand flight from Bali was diverted to Melbourne Airport.
- Auckland Airport said about 28 domestic regional flights have been cancelled and 29 delayed.
- Flights to Wellington, Christchurch, Dunedin and Queenstown are not disrupted by the fog.
- International departures were unaffected.
- Passengers are advised to check with their airline or monitor its website for the latest information.
- Limited train services have resumed at Britomart Station in Auckland this morning after a train derailment yesterday.
- Auckland Transport put out at statement last night which said the station would likely by closed this morning. The decision to open the station was made at 5.30am this morning.
- Train services are operating to Britomart every 20 minutes this morning. Tracks 1 and 2 remain closed while tracks 3 to 5 are open.
- South & East are travelling to Britomart. The Western line is going to Newmarket only, train shuttles are operating between Onehunga and Penrose, and additional buses have been put on to take people from Newmarket to Britomart.
- The derailed train is still stuck in a tunnel at the entrance to the station.
- Auckland Transport said it's highly likely Britomart will remain partially closed until tomorrow as crews cannot work on removing the train while power is on at the station.
- Follow our liveblog for the latest information.
- Some ferries are also experiencing delays because of the fog.