27 Dec 2016

'You hold the key to unlock our torture'

12:47 pm on 27 December 2016

The family of slain Hutt Valley woman Lois Tolley is appealing for help to find her killers, saying even a small piece of information could be vital.

Police are looking for four men in their 20s after a 30-year-old woman was killed at her home in Upper Hutt.

Lois Tolley's family have pleaded for anyone with information about her death to come forward. Photo: RNZ / Supplied / NZ Police

The 30-year-old's body was found in her Ward St home on 10 December.

Police revealed last week that she was stabbed and shot at point blank range in what they describe as an execution-style killing.

They confirmed today they were still seeking four men in their twenties seen heading to Ms Tolley's house just she died.

Ms Tolley's aunt, Lorraine Duffin, said today the family was experiencing its worst nightmare.

"To the people who did this - you have been able to spend Christmas with your loved ones. Think about what it has been like for us - Christmas will never be the same again."

Lois Tolley's aunt, Lorraine Duffin, and mother Cathrine MacDonald, speak to reporters.

Lois Tolley's aunt, Lorraine Duffin, left, and mother Cathrine MacDonald, speak to reporters Photo: RNZ / Max Towle

The family had received information that could only have come from the people who were at Ms Tolley's house on the night she was killed, but still wanted anyone who thought they could help to come forward, Ms Duffin said.

"I'm pleading to you - if you have any information, however small, or have noticed a change with a member of your family and think they may have something to do with this, please, please come forward and speak to the police.

"You hold the key to unlock our torture and we're calling on your conscience to help us get some closure and bring these cowards to justice."

Her niece was extremely kind, Ms Duffin said.

She had recently been making meals for a 65-year-old neighbour who was having a hard time."

Last week, police said the killing was not a random attack.

A team of about 20 police staff was working on the investigation.

Get the RNZ app

for ad-free news and current affairs