There have been 31 new cases of Covid-19 reported in New Zealand's managed isolation facilities over the past three days.
In its first update on new cases since Thursday, the Health Ministry said there have been an average of about 10 new and historical cases at the border every day since its last media statement.
"The number of cases reinforces the need for ongoing vigilance at the border, as Covid-19 continues to accelerate overseas."
There are no new cases in the community.
The ministry said 18 cases recovered over the past three days, bringing the total number of active cases in New Zealand to 75. The total number of confirmed cases is now 1863.
The 31 new cases include people who arrived from India, the UK, Zimbabwe, Austria, Russia, Poland, Ukraine and the US.
Eleven cases which arrived on Wednesday are from a group of 190 international mariners. Only three of these cases have been identified as current cases, while eight have been identified as historical cases.
"A number of mariners were not able to board flights to New Zealand after testing positive during pre-departure testing.
"The managed isolation and quarantine facilities have strengthened procedures and protocols to ensure the risk to others in the group and in the facilities is reduced."
Nineteen cases of Covid-19 linked to the UK strain that is more transmissible than other variants have now been intercepted at the border, the ministry said.
"Most of these people have come into New Zealand from the UK, via the UAE, Qatar or Singapore.
"These people are all cared for with the same high level of infection prevention measures as all Covid-19 positive cases, with daily health checks and use of PPE. Infection prevention control protocols are in place for all staff and we can assure the public that there is no increased risk to the community."
There were four cases reported on Thursday.
- If you have symptoms of the coronavirus, call the NZ Covid-19 Healthline on 0800 358 5453 (+64 9 358 5453 for international SIMs) or call your GP - don't show up at a medical centre
Read more about the Covid-19 coronavirus:
- See all RNZ Covid-19 news
- Covid-19 symptoms: What they are and how they make you feel
- How to wear a mask
- Touching your Face: Why do we do it and how to stop
- Scientific hand-washing advice to avoid infection
- A timeline: How the coronavirus started, spread and stalled life in New Zealand
- Coronavirus: A glossary of terms