New Zealand's sharemarket has opened modestly higher this morning after Wall Street rallied.
The benchmark top 50 index was up just over 20 points in early trading, about a quarter of a percent.
However, Air New Zealand's share price slumped by 34 percent as it resumed trading after a four-day halt.
Earlier the government said it would give the airline a $900 million loan to counter the impact of Covid-19.
Read more about the Covid-19 coronavirus:
- For all the latest Covid-19 updates
- A timeline: How Covid-19 started, spread and stalled life in NZ
- China and Covid-19 - rewriting the facts
- Self isolation - your questions answered
- Touching your Face: Why do we do it and how to stop
- Coronavirus: Answers to the top five questions
- Scientific hand-washing advice to avoid infection
- More Covid-19 news