Te pūrongo o te Poutūtanga/Midday Report provides listeners with up-to-the-minute news on the main stories of the day every lunchtime, from 12-1pm.
Following an extended news bulletin, Te pūrongo o te Poutūtangā has interviews with newsmakers, live reports, and analysis from experts in their fields, alongside the latest business, sports, rural and world bulleitns.
It is fronted by RNZ's first Māori daily news presenter, Māni Dunlop, and weaves te reo Māori throughout.
Included in the programme each weekday are:
- A comprehensive 9.5 minute news bulletin at noon, including the short weather forecast.
- Business news at 12.20 with our business news team covering business, fiscal and economic news stories, including updates on New Zealand and world markets, currency movements and the gold price.
- Sports news is presented by our sports team at 12.28
- News headlines are repeated and updated at 12.30
- A long range weather forecast is broadcast around 12.32
- Rural news is at 12.35 and includes agri-business stories, farming news, weather and crop conditions and rural issues of national interest.
- Worldwatch is at 12.48, including international news and reports on foreign news items from around the globe.