Midday Report - Te pūrongo o te Poutūtanga provides listeners with up-to-the-minute news on the main stories of the day every lunchtime, from 12-1pm. It is fronted by Charlotte Cook.
Following an extended news bulletin, Te pūrongo o te Poutūtangā has interviews with newsmakers, live reports, and analysis from experts in their fields, alongside the latest business, sports, rural and world bulleitns.
Included in the programme each weekday are:
- A comprehensive 9.5 minute news bulletin at noon, including the short weather forecast.
- Business news at 12.20 with our business news team covering business, fiscal and economic news stories, including updates on New Zealand and world markets, currency movements and the gold price.
- Sports news is presented by our sports team at 12.28
- News headlines are repeated and updated at 12.30
- A long range weather forecast is broadcast around 12.32
- Rural news is at 12.35 and includes agri-business stories, farming news, weather and crop conditions and rural issues of national interest.
- Worldwatch is at 12.48, including international news and reports on foreign news items from around the globe.