Eateries all over the country have their special recipes. We've asked you what recipe you would like from your favourite cafe - and on your behalf we've invited them onto the show to share their secret. Today we're showcasing Capers Cafe in Rotorua and their scrumptious Lemon Tart.
Lemon Tart (makes 2 x 29cm tarts)
330g butter (softened)
165 castor sugar
Put all ingredients in a mixer and start to mix on LOW speed. Mix to combine. It is important not to overmix.
Turn bowl out onto a clean bench. Mould pastry into one big oblong shape, then half. Wrap each in glad wrap and refrigerate.
280g castor sugar
150ml lemon juice
Zest of 2 lemons
Combine the eggs and sugar, add cream. Last add lemon juice & zest finely chopped.
1. Roll pastry to about 5mm thick and line 2 x 29cm removable bottom tart trays. Push the pastry into the shape of the tray then push excess pastry away with your thumb.
2. Put pastry line trays back into the fridge for 30 minutes.
3. Place a sheet of baking paper over the pastry then fill the tart case with raw chickpeas. Pre-heat oven to 140*C and bake case for 45 minutes. Carefully remove baking paper and chickpeas and continue baking for 5 minutes.
4. Strain lemon tart filling through a sieve and let it sit for 20 minutes. Skim any froth from the top of the filling mix, then pour into the cooked tart case.
5. Lower oven to 110*C and bake the lemon tart for 1 hour, 20 minutes. The tart should be set but not starting to bubble around the edge of tart.
6. Cool, and refrigerate overnight.