It's time for our book slot and RNZ producer Robert Kelly is back to try and invent another genre. Today we're looking at history and travel writing that uses an ocean as its main storytelling device. We're tentatively calling it New Wave, but we're open to suggestions!
- La Méditerranée by Fernand Braudel
- The Atlantic by Simon Winchester
- The Pacific by Simon Winchester
- Black Sea by Neal Ascherson
- The Edge of the World by Michael Pye
Tangata Whenua: An Illustrated History by Atholl Anderson, Judith Binney, Aroha Harris