"There is banana cake and then there is this banana cake," says Kiwi chef Annabelle White.
She shares her recipe for Simply the Best Banana Cake.
Recipe: Simply the Best Banana Cake
- Use good-quality flour – such as Edmonds – and you'll need to sift it.
- You can use Edmonds gluten-free flour, but you may need to cook the cake a little longer.
- Always stir or shake baking powder before you use it.
- Don't use olive oil.
- Don't overmix the cake (and don't use a cake mixer or food processor).
- Use eggs at room temperature – pull them out of the fridge an hour or so beforehand.
- This cake works well with blackening bananas that have been frozen and defrosted.
Cook the cake at 160 degrees C – on regular bake, not fan-bake.
More from Annabelle White:
You can find even more Annabelle White recipes on her website.
Annabelle is presenting at The Food Show in Auckland 25-28 July. Full details are here