Historic Dome Destroyed - Peter Entwisle
High winds have brought down an unusual dome-shaped pavilion near Taieri Mouth in Otago. The structure has been identified as the last surviving building from a world's fair held in Dunedin in 1889-90. The building, at Kuri Bush, had for many years been used as a hay barn on a farm owned by three generations of the Geeves family. The Otago historian Peter Entwisle knows the building's history.