Samoa's first woman prime minister, Fiamē Naomi Mata'afa, is holding the first cabinet meeting of the country's new government today.
It has been 109 days since being elected and the FAST party has finally been able to take office.
Ministers have now moved into their new offices and met with their ministries' chief executives.
Today's meeting will confirm priorities for keeping the government functioning.
The interim operational budget can meet up to 25-percent of the value of the last year's budget.
Parliament will be called to approve it.
Despite months of acrimony and uncertainty since the election, a FAST spokesperson says the transition to government is going smoothly.
Outgoing prime minister Tuila'epa Sa'ilelele Malielegaoi has wished the new government well.
He says his party will support it and work with it in good spirit.
FAST party cabinet
- 1. Hon. Fiamē Naomi Mata'afa - Prime Minister
- 2. Tuala Tevaga Iosefo Ponifasio - Deputy Prime Minister
- 3. Hon. La'auli Leuatea Polataivao Fosi
- 4. Olo Fiti Afoa Va'ai
- 5. Leatinu'u Wayne So'oialo
- 6. Valasi Luapitofanua To'omaga Tafito Selesele
- 7. Faualo Harry Jefferey Schuster
- 8. Mulipola Anarosa Ale Molio'o
- 9. Seu'ula Ioane
- 10. Toelupe Poumulinuku Onesemo
- 11. Leota Laki Lamositele
- 12. Matamua Seumanu Vasati Sili Pulufana
Prime Minister's Office & Cabinet; Foreign Affairs, Attorney Generals Office, Ombudsman & Public Service Commission.
Minister of Customs and Revenue, Audit Office, Public Trust.
Minister of Agriculture & Fisheries
Ministry of Works & Infrastructure
Minister of Commerce, Industry & Labour & Private Enterprises
Minister of Health
Minister of Police & Prisons
Minister of Finance
Minister of Education, Sports & Culture
Minister of Communication, Information & Technology
Minister of Women & Social Development and Associate Minister of Finance
Minister of Justice and Courts Administration