There have been 121 new Covid-19 cases confirmed in Fiji as health officials identify two new clusters.
The total number since the outbreak started in April is now at 1373.
Permanent Secretary Dr James Fong said a new cluster has been identified within the Rewa Emergency Operations Centre, possibly linked to the Vunimono cluster.
Fiji Village online reports there are two new cases for this cluster.
A new cluster is also at the Town House Hotel in Suva where Colonial War Memorial (CWM) Hospital and Incident Management Team (IMT) staff are being accommodated.
Dr Fong said there are 19 cases within this cluster, likely linked to the CWM Hospital or IMT clusters.
Eleven cases have been identified as primary contacts of earlier cases, and the respective response teams are determining the cluster link.
He said cases at Nasevou St - Lami, Nakoba St - Lami, Delainavesi - Lami, Qauia St - Lami, Naituni - Rewa, Qima Settlement - Nadi, Feeder Rd, Tacirua, Wainivula Rd, Cunningham Stage 4, Naduru Rd, Ura Place, Toorak, Freshet, Makoi, Bau St Nausori, Toga, Nausori, Nabitu, Nausori are also under investigation.
"Sixty-one cases are linked to existing clusters," he said.
There is 1 case from the Korovou cluster, 8 cases from the Incident Management Team cluster, 26 cases from the CWM Hospital cluster, 5 cases from the Tramline, Nawaka, Nadi cluster, 1 case from the Nawajikuma, Nawaka, Nadi cluster, 1 from the Kinoya cluster, 1 from the Navosai cluster, 4 from the Sakoca cluster, 3 from Naitasiri, 4 from the Wailoku cluster, 4 from the Nasinu Police Barracks cluster and 3 from the Navy cluster.
- 121 new cases
- 61 linked to existing clusters
- Two new cluster has been identified
- 21 cases have recovered
- 1,043 active cases now in isolation
- 1,373 cases recorded during this outbreak that started in April 2021
- 1,443 cases in total recorded in Fiji since the first case was reported in March 2020
- There have been 388 recoveries and five deaths due to the coronavirus.
- A total of seven positive patients have died from pre-existing non-Covid related illnesses.
- 117,221 samples have been tested since this outbreak started in April 2021, with 160,082 tested since testing began in early 2020.