Guam has suffered its second death due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Governor Lou Leon Guerrero said this morning a 79 year old man, confirmed to have Covid-19, had died.
She sent her condolences out to the man's family and friends.
Authorities said the deceased did not have a travel history so had been a case of local transmission.
He also had been suffering from a number of other medical conditions, including colon cancer and a spinal injury.
Ms Leon Guerrero said the tragic death served as a warning for others to remain vigilant regarding the coronavirus.
"We cannot become comfortable and we cannot surrender to complacency," she said.
"You are not invincible, no matter how healthy and active you are, you are still at risk."
Last week a 68 year old woman was the first death in Guam.
Overnight, the Governor said the number of confirmed Covid-19 cases had increased.
Of the 31 samples tested with conclusive results, 9 tested positive. Additionally, the NHRC reported 2 additional COVID-19 positive test results. This brings our total number of cases to 69.— Governor Lou Leon Guerrero (@louleonguerrero) March 31, 2020
Guam was one of the few Pacific locations to currently conduct its own testing.