Explosion after suspected gas leak kills chef on Saipan

9:32 am on 24 April 2019

A chef has been killed after a suspected gas leak caused an explosion in the kitchen he was working in on Saipan in the Northern Marianas.

Saipan in the Northern Marianas.

Saipan Photo: Supplied

The explosion occurred at a bed-and-breakfast on Saturday morning.

Fifty-four-year-old Ramoncito Apostol was taken to the Commonwealth Health Center where he died on Monday.

Mr Apostol is thought to have died as the result of intense burns covering much of his body.