29 Mar 2019

Samoa Electric Power Corporation employee dies on the job

10:13 am on 29 March 2019

A 21 year-old employee of the Samoa Electric Power Corporation died on Wednesday this week on the job, apparently from electrocution.

His family told the Samoa Observer paper that they were contacted Wednesday afternoon and given the sad news.

Tevita Amituana'i is reported to have only started working at the EPC less than a year ago, his first job since graduating from the National University of Samoa in 2017.

The family said they would await the results of an EPC investigation as well as medical reports before organising his funeral services.