The reported suicide of a Iranian asylum seeker on Nauru has led to some services been withdrawn from refugees there, a refugee advocate says.
26-year-old Fariborz Karami was found in his tent on Friday morning.
The Refugee Action Coalition said his death was a suicide.
The coalition's Ian Rintoul said the man was a popular member of the community who had helped many teenagers with gymnastics.
He said there had been a "few scuffles" when people had gathered after hearing the news and the security threat level at detention centres was raised to "level three".
Mr Rintoul said Canstruct, the Nauru detention management company, has implemented some more changes.
"They've gone further and have withdrawn a lot of the services from the refugee areas on the island. There are people going without medication and without the usual services."
"There are still those services in the RPC [Refugee Processing Centre], Three, but they have raised the threat level because they are very aware of just how well-liked and the impact it has had across the island," he said.