2 Oct 2012

Pacific Forum Line CEO says Samoa govt has purchased company

10:02 am on 2 October 2012

The chief executive of the Pacific Forum Line says the Samoa government has purchased 100 percent of the company.

Chief Executive, Henning Hansen, says on Friday the Samoa government, which had been an 8 percent shareholder in the company, acquired the remaining 92 percent.

He says therefore the is no sale to another New Zealand company Sofrana, because the Samoa government now owns the Pacific Forum Line.

Mr Hansen says he is unable to comment any further on the sale of the company, but says he expects the Samoa government will release more information later in the week.