- 700g slim zucchini, finely sliced
- 50g butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Wash the zucchini, pat dry then trim and slice very thinly.
2. Melt the butter in a large heavy-based frypan over a medium heat and add the onion. Cook gently until the onion just starts to turn golden, then increase the heat to medium-high and add the zucchini. Stir well to coat with the buttery onion, add the garlic then cook until the zucchini discs are very tender and lightly golden; the onion should be a rich golden colour. If the mixture starts to burn, lower the heat.
3. Stir through the salt and pepper and transfer to a serving dish. Serve hottish.